Chan Bern Society was founded in March 2013. Its purpose is to:
- Disseminate Chan-Buddhism as taught by Chan Master Sheng-yen in German-speaking regions,
- Support the Chan Center Bern,
- Organizing retreats, talks, trainings and continuing education events,
- Facilitate the exchange among Chan practitioners,
- Sponsor book publications,
- Foster a sense of caring for other fellow human beings and the environment as well as promoting intra-Buddhist and interreligious dialogue.
Our current president of the Chan Bern Society is Hildi Thalmann.
If you would like to know more about the Chan Bern Society or become a member please don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you would like to be contacted please fill in the contact form below.